Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I’d like my relationship to be like a Taylor Swift song.

I know, I know. What a stupid thing to say. But the sad part is I’m not kidding. Maybe.

I mean, sure, maybe in the end it’s gonna be a contest of who can act like they care less, and maybe I’ll end up okay, but not being fine at all. And maybe I’ll end up not knowing how to be something you miss, but I probably wouldn’t mind ending up like that just so I can have screaming and fighting and kissing in the rain. Having slamming screen doors and your laugh as our song because it’s the best sound I have ever heard.

I’d like to meet you on a Wednesday, in a cafe, and watch it begin again. Have myself think that it’s strange that you think I’m funny because he never did. I’ll never see you coming, and all I’ll feel in my stomach is butterflies; the beautiful kind. I won’t be able to decide if getting swept away is a choice, but I’m sure that day is going to end with me blushing all the way home because I was so enchanted to meet you.

I’d like to jump then fall. Have you pull me in and be a little more brave. Be fearless. You will smile that beautiful smile and I will look into your eyes and have it feel like coming home. It was the best day and it’s going to be the start of our ridiculous love story. All you have to do is just say yes.

I know it’s never gonna be simple or easy. We’ll have our crazy fights and I’ll always brace myself for goodbyes. And I might tell you that we’re never ever getting back together, but I’ll always go back when time stood still and I had you. It's going to be like the movies where you’ll be on the other side of the door because you know that we’re the lucky ones, and you’ll make me realize it. I’ll think that we’ve made quite a mess, but I’ll always stay because I’ll always go back to the day that we met and the sparks flew instantly. I remember it all too well.

And then maybe someday you’ll tell me that every time you look at me it feels like the first time and that I’m the best thing that’s ever been yours. The water’s going to be rough, but this love is brave and wild, and it’s ours. It’s going to be the golden age of something good and right and real.

It might drive me crazier, but this is why I want my life to be like a Taylor Swift song.

No comments:

Post a Comment