Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Blogging and Facebook Couples

So, this new blog has been pretty good for me so far. I guess I should've figured out earlier that blogging this way (with actually paragraphs and updates) on Tumblr would never work. That's where I put my crazy fangirl self, and this is where I'm going to blog. Like, forealz. I'll probably try and post my old blog entries from Tumblr some other time, but that can wait. I guess I rule out Tumblr as a blog because for me it's more of a scrapbook, I guess? But that's just me. I reblog everything! Plus since Twitter, it's like, you basically update that anyway so people know what you've been doing or whatever. Am I right?

Anyway, the last blog I truly remember keeping up for quite some time was when I was on Xanga. Man, Xanga was the bomb. All those quotes and icons and stuff? The best. Sometimes I wish I didn't delete my Xanga accounts just so I can laugh so hard at myself for being the 12-13 girl that I dislike on Tumblr.  I just LOL. (that sentence was annoying) I barely remember what I wrote there because I think my posts were basically 3 paragraph tweets. Seriously. I would explain everything I did that day, one by one, which is so annoying because I would blog as if people cared what kind of pizza my friends and I ate on a hot summer day or whatever. Not that people care now or anything, but you know, it was pretty bad.

Speaking of blogging, a friend of mine told me that he probably would think about it before dating a blogger because she might blog about their entire relationship for everyone to see. And I'm like, "Okay, yeah. That makes sense." But I don't know. Is it that any different from those annoying updates couples post/share or whatever on Facebook? Like those, "Dude, we get it. You guys are fighting." or "Y'all should just text or IM or talk on the phone, okay? We don't need to know that cheesy baby talk thing you guys apparently do!" Don't get me wrong, some couples do this dance very well, so it's not annoying. Those types of couples get more if a, "WELP. THAT SHIT WAS CUTE. #foreveralone," reaction which is the good kind of annoying. Maybe. I'll get back to you on that.

There's probably a Date a Girl Who Blogs article out there somewhere, but I'm too tired to Google it. You guys can just update me if one actually exists. I actually don't know why we like to blog about our lives. People with very interesting lives, sure, but not-so-interesting people like me? I don't know. I guess we just have a lot of feelings and having journals aren't enough. Meh. But whatever, I'm still going to write about things that matter to me, or don't. I mean, obviously it matters to me because I wouldn't blog about it if it didn't. Actually, it can go both ways. If something is really, really important to me, I either blog about it 'til the ends of the internet or not blog about it at all because I want to keep it for myself. Which I admit, I'm not very good at. I've always been one of those people who always need to say what they feel because if I don't, I would really lose it. That's done me good and bad. C'est la vie.

No comments:

Post a Comment