Thursday, October 4, 2012

TV Shows and Feelings

Last night me and some girl friends, like the old ladies we are, spent the night playing Scrabble and Monopoly Deal, drinking tea and talked about feelings and stuff until 4 in the morning. Yup. On a Wednesday. See how badass we are? Of all the things we talked about last night, this is probably my favorite funny moment.

Now, if you know me or if you follow me on Tumblr or Twitter, you would absolutely know that I am a fangirl. I mean, I don't write fanfictions and stuff, but I'm pretty emotionally invested. I'm a lot invested, actually. I don't know. Just... feelings. Harry Potter and my tv shows get most of it. Occasionally Taylor Swift, but that's besides the point. You guys obviously know this because your timeline would be filled with my feelings when I watch my tv shows. I'm sure you hate me when I do that, but sorry, I'm not sorry.

Anyway, on to my story. My friend Lauren just finished watching the first season of Friday Night Lights so we started talking about it, and by talking I mean going back and forth with our favorite scenes and lines with little squeals in between. And the annoying sap that I am, I get emotional when I talk about my tv shows. Always. Especially when it's One Tree Hill, Dawson's Creek, The OC, and the most recent addition, Friday Night Lights. I have more tv shows, but these are my heart crushing, emotion-filled, turn-my-world-upside down shows. So yeah, we were talking about it and then I started talking about my tv shows as if they were my past relationships. IT WAS SO RIDICULOUS, YOU GUYS! I'M LAUGHING AS I'M TYPING THIS IN ALL CAPS!

I was all, "Yeah, 'cause One Tree Hill will always be my first great love."--still laughing while I'm typing this, fyi-- but it's true! That show saved my life multiple times. Just... ugh. That show will always have a special place in my heart. I am that show's bitch. I literally cried in a fetal position when I watched the series finale. Moving on, it went to "I have all these feelings for Friday Night Lights because it's one of those things that I never expected at all, but it's there. Wala na 'kong nagawa. Ganon eh. I fell in love. (I couldn't do anything about it)"  OH MY GOD I AM STILL LAUGHING  And then finally I say, "I think I'm scared of Grey's Anatomy and how it's going to make me feel. I feel like if I plunge in and watch it, I will be destroyed forever. I can't. I just.. can't." -- IT'S SO PATHETIC, I CANNOT COMPREHEND MYSELF HAHAHAHA!

I DON'T EVEN. I don't know, but yes, that conversation did actually happen. Not in those exact words, but that's the gist, basically. And I don't know why I'm posting this here for all of you to laugh at, but I just felt that it was so funny and ridiculous and pathetic that I needed to share it.

YOU'RE WELCOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment