Thursday, December 6, 2012

Dear You,

I'm pretty sure I'll always ask myself why we're friends. Or how we even became friends. I don't even remember the exact moment this happened, but it did. To this day I really don't know how we ended up here, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

You might not be the friend who I hang out with every weekend, and you're definitely not my "let's get lost in a bookstore" friend. You might not be the friend I call or text when little things happen and you're not the friend I talk to on a regular basis, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter. You will always be the friend I can talk to after 5 years of not seeing each other and it's not going to be awkward in any way. I really believe that. And I think it works that way because we're so different yet we're the same. We live very different lives, and apart from the obvious, we have very different friends that will not survive in the same room together, yet somehow, we do.

I like that we balance each other out. I like that we will never run out of stories to tell because you're you and I'm me. I'll always be the friend you hang out with if you wanna have a chill night. "Coffee conversations" or whatever. And you're the one I always wanna catch up with because I never know what you're up to. I just realized that through the years, you taught me how to be less judgemental and very judgemental at the same time. I know that doesn't make a lot of sense, but it does. Think about it for a second.

Off topic, I just rummaged through my "box" and read some of our letters and they are still funny. Whatever happens, I know that we're going to be the same because once upon a time it was us against the world, and they were definitely some of the greatest moments, some of my favorites, and I will treasure them forever.

I love you always,

Aia

2 comments:

  1. Hi :) I just want to leave a little message to tell you that I love your tumblr blog, not the reblogs, but the personal ones. The articles you wrote and the mixtapes and I even listen to your covers :) Anyway, I didn't know you are a blogger too :) Since I cannot find your follow button, I'll just bookmark your site! have a great day :)
    Love,
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for dropping by this blog! I've been feeling disconnected with my Tumblr for a while now so I made this for my writing purposes haha. I'm not quite sure where the "follow" button is here, but I'll try to fix it! :)

      Delete